My oh my…the festival is only 8 days away! I bet you would love to know about the ducktastic things happening at this year’s festival! Well here you go:
- Live Music by David Campbell and sponsored by Tin Roof
- Kids Area sponsored by The Mommy’s Nest that features food, duck tape arts & crafts by Staples, games, face painting, inflatables, rides and more!
- Food and lots of it!
- Vendors from A – Z!
- Duck merchandise galore
- The fastest 30 minutes in duck racing history!
- And of course the chance to win a brand new Honda Fit from Sam Swope Honda plus other fun prizes!
We can’t wait, see you soon!
P.S. Congratulations to Jennifer Akers, she was the winner of our giveaway this week! Much more prizes and fun next week…
The big day is almost here! I want to make sure everyone gets ducks to adopt….so today I am doing a giveaway of a Quack Pack and a 2013 Ken-Ducky Derby T-shirt! Winner will be announced on Wednesday 9-18-13. How do you enter to win?
1. Pick-up a cling at our local retailers and register it HERE.
***Those who have already registered their clings are automatically entered.***
Republic Banks, Starbucks, Kroger, Hooters, Still Spinnin’, Papa John’s, Buckheads,
Brownie’s The Shed Grille & Bar, Fort Knox Credit Union, Howl at the Moon,
Mike Linig’s, Nu Yale Cleaners and Rocky’s Sub Pub
One of my favorite things about Duck Season is visiting all our friends! Here are some pictures of me out and about!
There are a lot of logistics that go into the Ken-Ducky Derby Festival! Dropping almost 30,000 ducks into the Ohio River talks lots of help from lots of friends. We work closely with ACL, Jeffboat, CGB Enterprises, UPS and Heritage to tag, dump and collect the ducks. We have had several meetings, and I learned a lot of fun facts about the Ohio River….Happy Friday!
- The Ohio River is 981 miles long, starting at the confluence of the Allegheny and the Monongahela Rivers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and ending in Cairo, Illinois, where it flows into the Mississippi River.
- The Ohio River flows through or borders six states: Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. In addition, water from parts of New York, Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee and Alabama drain into tributaries that empty into the Ohio.
- The Ohio River is the source of drinking water for more than three million people.
- Over 25 million people, almost 10% of the US population, live in the Ohio River Basin.
- Did you know that this Ohio River is at its widest right here in Louisville!
I have been having such a great time at the State Fair, I woke up this morning and thought….it is time for another GIVEAWAY! How about a Quack Pack - six ducks in the race, which means six chances to win the brand new Honda Fit from Sam Swope Honda and more…here’s how:
In order to win a Quack Pack of Ducks you must do one of the following-
1. Comment on this blog post
2. Share this information on Facebook
3. Tweet this post on Twitter- @HarborHouseKY
Have fun, winner will be announced on Thursday August 22nd.
Thank you to all those that registered their clings for this week’s drawing! We will continue to giveaway goodies for those that have registered their cling AND if you are spotted with the cling on your car….we give away a BIG prize!
Congratulations to Eric H. with cling #06115!
Duck season is my favorite time of the year! Have you bought a duck for the big race yet? It’s your lucky day, I am feeling generous and one lucky cling owner will get a duck registration for this year’s race!
All you have to do-
1. Pick up your very own duck cling (let me know if you need one).
2. Register it here on the site and you are entered to win! Friday we will draw a winner, yippee!
Now that duck season has officially kicked-off, we will be out and about around town selling ducks and promoting the BIG event! This past weekend we were at The Bats game and our very own Jessica got to throw the first pitch!
Don’t forget tonight ‘duck races’ at Tin Roof tonight!
What a night! Our annual Feathers & Friends Kickoff Event was amazing, I had so much fun….checkout these great pics! Duck season is now in full swing folks, go ADOPT YOUR DUCKS NOW!
Can you believe it, duck Season is kicking off this Thursday, July 18th! I hope you will all be joining me at the Feathers & Friends event, there is still time to buy tickets you know! And, if you are coming we have some really great auction items you could win. Checkout one of my favorites that Kitty is holding below!
See you there!